Utilize Facilitative Presentation Techniques to Connect Fully and Naturally with Your Audience
“Tell me and I will forget. Show me and I may remember. Involve me and I will understand.”
This ancient Chinese proverb clearly explains the benefits of facilitative presenting. Rather than just talking at your audience and hoping they’ll stay focused, get your point, or take the necessary action – why not create a dynamic dialogue that’s so much more likely to lead, engage and persuade?
Spare them the monologue … and start the dialogue!
Afraid it might spiral right out of control? BRODY’s Facilitative Presenting teaches you how to not just encourage audience members to participate, but also how to confidently and effectively guide them along the path to your desired end.
Participants who complete this program will be better able to…:
• Understand the critical role planning plays in successful facilitation
• Design presentations where audiences want to participate
• Master the art of facilitating discussion, eliciting questions and keeping the presentation on track
• Handle challenging participants easily and field any question confidently
Individuals who want to present in a more facilitative style.
Participants are asked in a pre-work memo to create a 5-minute presentation, including visuals, to bring to the in-person program.
• A 75-minute pre-program webinar is highly recommended to allow for more practice and coaching during the face-to-face session.
• Defining facilitative presenting
• Developing a presentation that includes facilitation
• Techniques for encouraging discussion and questions
• Identifying discussion “killers” and how to avoid them
• Generating and responding to questions
• Dealing with difficult audience members
• Delivery dynamics to engage an audience
• Participants plan and deliver a 5-minute facilitative presentation (videotaped & critiqued)
Customized workbook, Speaking is an Audience-Centered Sport by Marjorie Brody; and Powerful Presentations: Messages that Move & Matter “mini” book by Bill Steele and Marjorie Brody; and jump drives that include presentation planning sheets and a 12-part video featuring Marjorie Brody: “Presentation Skills Pitfalls”
Options to Maximize Your Learning Investment
How can you ensure sustained results? A customized webinar allows participants to reinforce techniques learned during the program.
*Facilitative Presenting can be delivered in Spanish, and is available as a train-the-trainer/ licensed program.