Ensure Your Proposals are Complete, Organized, Clear
Keys to Proposal Writing
Does proposal writing make you groan?
Are you afraid your writing is not compelling enough to persuade?
Whether you’re trying to secure buy-in for a business plan, get funding for a new in-house project, or close a major sale – you’ll need a clear, concise, compelling proposal to meet your objectives.
The good news: Persuasive proposal writing is a teachable skill, with specific, standardized elements.
The secret: Readability is everything. Learn to make your proposals reader-centric.
BRODY’s Keys to Proposal Writing reviews the standard elements of effective proposal writing. Participants will write and revise a sample proposal, ensuring they are composing complete, organized, and compelling messages that spur readers to action.
Participants who complete this program will be better able to…
• Create proposals that embody best business writing and sales practices
• Plan — there’s a purpose and a proven template; a beginning, a middle and an end
• Tailor proposals to their audience members, their values, the stakeholders, their needs, and ultimately, their solution and how it benefits others
• Respect their readers’ time but give them everything they need
• Write proposals that engage, captivate, inform, persuade and move readers to action because they’re readable, and thoughtfully presented
Sales and professional staff responsible for writing detailed proposals to management and clients
• Overview of good business writing
• Ensuring readability
• Proposal writing
• Guidelines for an executive summary
customized workbook and Write it Right: Business Writing for Results “mini” book by Marjorie Brody