What are the secrets of persuasion?
What are the secrets of persuasion? As an experienced speaker, when you give a presentation you are articulate and enthusiastic. You have your facts straight and your talk organized in a logical fashion.
But do your audience members take the steps you want them to take? Do they buy what you’re trying to sell? Will they do what you’re asking them to do?
To be effective, your speaking can’t just be well researched or well prepared – it must be persuasive. The missing ingredient for many presenters is an understanding of the audience’s attitude toward the subject, and how to overcome any areas of resistance.
This advanced BRODY program provides models to structure an effective persuasive presentation, based on the audience’s attitude toward the subject and what is being proposed. You’ll also learn techniques to deliver presentations with authority and passion, and how to handle challenging questions.
Participants who complete this program will be better able to…
• Analyze their audience and areas of resistance
• Organize a persuasive presentation to achieve an end goal
• Develop logical and emotional appeals to sell their ideas
• Create powerful and compelling visuals that reinforce their message
• Handle challenging audience situations
• Deliver impromptu presentations
Experienced presenters or graduates of “Present with Success” who have already developed strong platform skills. Great for anyone who needs to “sell” their ideas, products or services.
Participants are asked in a pre-work memo to create a 5- to 7-minute presentation, including visuals, to bring to the in-person program.
• A 75-minute pre-program webinar is highly recommended to allow for more practice and coaching during the face-to-face session.
• Overview of delivery skills — maximizing visual/vocal/verbal techniques
• Delivering impromptu presentations
• Developing persuasive presentations using proprietary models
• Creating and using visual aids for maximum impact and retention
• Handling challenging questions
• Multiple opportunities to present, be coached and videotaped (for full-day program)
Customized workbook, the book IMPACT! Deliver Presentations That Get Results by Marjorie Brody, Powerful Presentations: Messages that Move & Matter “mini” book by Bill Steele and Marjorie Brody; and jump drives that include presentation planning sheets and a 12-part video featuring Marjorie Brody: “Presentation Skills Pitfalls”
Option to Maximize Your Learning Investment:
Individual Speaker Coaching
Important presentation coming soon, or need to notch up your current skillset? BRODY provides an opportunity to have personalized coaching.