Do You Know How to Give a Successful Technical Presentation to Sell Your Ideas, Projects or Products with Ease?
Talking Tech: Skills for Technical Presenters
Technical presentations to your peers are fairly simple – you all speak the same language. But, what happens when you need to present your detailed, painstakingly researched, brilliantly conceived, cutting-edge technical material to an audience of … laymen?
Clearly, the ability to communicate with all types of audiences is crucial to achieve your objectives. Whether you’re presenting to grounded, business decision makers with their hands on the budget or any other lay audience, you’ll need to know how to make the information accessible to ensure they get it.
BRODY’s Talking Tech program provides invaluable skills for technical presenters, allowing you to step out of the tech world with confidence so you can sell your ideas, projects and products easily, effectively and profitably.
Here’s Senior BRODY Facilitator Bill Steele discussing strategies for how to best present scientific and technological information.
Participants who complete this program will be better able to…
• Accurately assess technical acumen of an audience to craft optimal presentation strategies
• Master the art of presenting even the most technical information
• Leverage powerful visuals to assist communication of complex ideas
• Increase audience comprehension and retention
• Employ proven delivery dynamics to educate, engage and influence
• Field nontechnical questions effortlessly with answers everyone understands
Presenters with heavy technical content who need to communicate with less technical audiences to sell their ideas, services or products.
Participants are asked in a pre-work memo to create and bring to the in-person session a 5- to 7-minute technically oriented presentation, including visuals, targeted to less technical audiences.
• A 75-minute pre-program webinar is highly recommended.
• Creating effective technical presentations
• Using technical terms with nontechnical audiences
• Assessing audience attitudes and major areas of resistance
• Designing slides for visual impact
• Handling difficult questions
• Maximizing the delivery visually, vocally and verbally
• Multiple videotaped practices, same language or others
Customized workbook, IMPACT! Deliver Presentations That Get Results by Marjorie Brody; and Powerful Presentations: Messages that Move & Matter “mini” book by Bill Steele and Marjorie Brody; and jump drives that include presentation planning sheets and a 12-part video featuring Marjorie Brody: “Presentation Skills Pitfalls”
Options to Maximize Your Learning Investment
How can you ensure sustained results? A customized webinar allows participants to reinforce techniques learned during the program.
Individual Speaker Coaching
Important presentation coming soon, or need to notch up your current skillset? BRODY provides an opportunity to get personalized coaching.
*Talking Tech is available as a train-the-trainer/licensed program.