Frequently Asked Questions
Everything you need to know before you make a recommendation to your client group, senior leadership, procurement, or training team.
1) How do I add BRODY training workshops to my development plans?
- Tell us your challenge, the workshop you are interested in, your audience, number of participants, location and preferred date or dates.
- A BRODY account manager, and, if needed, one of our trainers, will speak to you on the phone to learn more about your objectives and program deliverables. We will then craft a solution for your group.
- Once a BRODY trainer (or trainers) is reserved, an agreement will be sent for your approval. The agreement will detail the logistical needs and investment information. BRODY trainers can make travel arrangements independently, or through your specified travel agency. We will accept your company’s purchase order, and provide information requested to become a preferred vendor.
2) How does the training get tailored for my team?
BRODY trainers are experts in the programs they deliver. Their sole focus is to bring the best approaches into the classroom. And even though they may not all be medical experts, automotive connoisseurs, finance specialists, or technology wizards, they have an incredible knack for understanding each team’s challenges and distinct culture — to deliver training that fits and techniques that stick, in every venue, in any location, to every audience. When you schedule a BRODY program, your selected trainer will connect with you, or a chosen team member, to learn more about the barriers unique to your team. He or she will also become familiar with your organization, division, and brand differentiators. If requested, the BRODY facilitator can often integrate your company’s promotional or scientific presentation materials into the training.
3) Can I get a proposal for training before I decide?
Similar to reserving training, the process starts with you telling us your challenge, the content you are interested in, your audience, number of participants, location and preferred dates. Together, working with your BRODY account manager and one of our training experts, BRODY will create a training program and proposal for your group.
4) What is the cost?
BRODY offers a range of services including training, coaching, webinars, teleseminars, and keynote/workshop presentations. Let’s talk about your specific workplace learning & performance needs, objectives & desired time frames, and determine the most cost-effective solution for you. Please call or e-mail us today – (215) 886-1688 or through our secure online form.
5) Does BRODY accept credit cards for payments?
Yes. BRODY accepts American Express, Discover, MasterCard and Visa. There is a 3% service charge for using credit cards.
6) Can invoices be e-mailed or uploaded onto Vendor Systems?
7) What are the training materials?
All BRODY training materials are tailored for your program. They are created, assembled, and shipped straight from the BRODY office. BRODY will ship materials directly to your training site, unless otherwise specified. Program materials can include any combination of the following: a manual, book, handout, job aid, role play, assessment, jump drive, and more.
8 ) Where does BRODY conduct training?
BRODY training can be delivered at your company or meeting site, in every venue, in any location, to every audience. BRODY trainers are seasoned road warriors and are available to train in North America, Europe, Central and South America, the Middle East, Asia, Africa … and anywhere else!
9) Does BRODY have diverse supplier certification or other certifications?
Yes, BRODY Professional Development is WBE certified (Women’s Business Enterprise certificate #251551). We also have Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB) certification (W090109). We can register on your supplier diversity website. You can download our Capability Statement here.
BRODY is also authorized by the Pennsylvania State Board of Accountancy to give out CPE credits for its presentation skills programs.
10) Is BRODY on the GSA schedule?
Yes, Brody Communications Ltd., dba BRODY Professional Development, is now a GSA contract holder through General Services Administration (GSA). BRODY’s contract number is: GS-02F-188AA.
How do I know if my organization is eligible for government pricing?
You can check your eligibility on this page.
Who is the GSA?
The GSA or General Services Administration manages federal contracts referred to as GSA contracts.
What is GSA Contracting?
GSA contracting pre-approves vendors to supply products and services to the US Federal Government. A large percentage of the federal contract dollars flow through GSA contracts. A portion of federal contract dollars to flow through other vehicles outside of GSA contracting, but it requires a competitive or sole source type contract.
11) Has BRODY worked with the U.S. Government and related agencies?
Yes, we’ve conducted training programs for the U.S. Army, U.S. Department of Justice and others. BRODY is also listed in SAM (ORCA/CCR), DUNS # 92-829-2291. We also have certification as a Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE), so are part of many supplier diversity programs. BRODY also has Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB) certification (W090109). We also can register on your supplier diversity website.