Discover the Key to Coaching Employees Effectively
Writing & Delivering Effective Field Coaching Reports
As a District/Regional Sales Manager, Field Coaching Reports (FCRs) can be one of the most effective tools in your coaching arsenal.
Coaching field-based representatives has two main elements:
1. Providing specific and honest feedback based on observation.
2. Writing an effective FCR documenting these observations, along with a plan of action your rep can use as a development plan between coaching visits.
Often, managers’ Field Coaching Reports are not action-oriented or specific enough to help representatives learn. Writing & Delivering Effective Field Coaching Reports will help managers improve overall coaching skills and use of FCRs through customized client-specific coaching models and FCRs whenever possible.
Participants who complete this program will be better able to …
• Conduct more effective one-on-one coaching – face to face and virtually
• Provide useful, constructive performance feedback related to representatives’ competencies
• Use appropriate language in written documentation (FCRs) to deliver clear feedback and coaching
• Document continuous development throughout the year, leading up to annual performance appraisals
District Managers managing field-based sales teams
• Recognize the importance and benefit of effective coaching
• Develop effective coaching strategies
• Recognize the value of effective field coaching reports
• Practice writing field coaching reports
• Practice delivering field coaching reports through coaching conversations
• Develop virtual coaching strategies
• Practice virtual coaching
• Personal development plan
Customized workbook, incorporation of client-specific information and Courageous Coaching: Everyone Wins “mini” book by Marjorie Brody